Freelance Community Manager/Moderator
Who are StrawberrySocial?
StrawberrySocial is on a mission to keep organisations safe. We focus our efforts on authentic engagement with audiences and customers.
We offer a variety of consultancy, moderation and online support services to our clients who are made up of charities, brands and agencies.
Our super talented team provides the resources and expertise to help our clients monitor, moderate and engage with their audiences 24/7. This includes our unique blend of community management and customer support services.
If you are a tech-savvy professional, experienced in social media, we would like to meet you.
Where do you fit in?
StrawberrySocial are looking for freelance social media professionals for a 2-3 month project. The role will require that you have a proven track record in moderation. You should be a ‘people person’ with great customer service skills and the ability to moderate online and offline conversations with communities. We offer regular or project-based shifts.
If you are passionate about online safety, this is a fantastic opportunity to join our growing team.
You will be responsible for:
- Daily monitoring of social channels and social listening. Engaging with audiences working from FAQs and Standard Response Templates. If you can do community management engagement too, that would be a huge bonus.
- Moderation of social media content based on client guidelines.
- Respond to comments and customer queries in a timely manner.
- Encouraging discussion within online communities.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- A passion for all things social media.
- Proven work experience as a moderator/community manager
- A knowledge of online user habits and idiosyncrasies.
- Confident use of social media platforms such as Facebook, X,
LinkedIn and Instagram.
- Knowledge of market trends and best practices.
- First-class interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent spelling and grammar.
- Highly motivated and confident, with a strong work ethic and pride in what you do.
- Hands on experience with social media management for brands.
- Familiarity with social media management and moderation tools such as SproutSocial would be a bonus.
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Ability to identify and track relevant community metrics
- Stay up-to-date with digital technology trends
- Independent, responsible, accountable, decision-maker, problem-solver.
- Collaborative and willing to share expertise.
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work and share information amongst a dispersed team.
- Culture fit – sociable, team player, broad-minded, ability to think laterally, self-starter.
Working Hours and Location
This is a home-based role. You’ll be working as part of our remote team.
Our headquarters are in London. We are looking for freelance experienced moderators who can work between 6pm – 12am GMT weekdays, with good weekend availability.
Please note that this is not a full-time role and hours will vary considerably.
You will need to be available weekends, holidays and nights.
Why should you join us?
Here are a few reasons:
- Great culture. Freedom to be yourself and bring your creativity and your ideas to work.
- Flexible working hours. You tell us when you’re available and we’ll try to schedule your hours to suit.
- Continuous learning culture. We want you to continue to grow and develop during your time with us.