Crisis Coverage – Top Tips For Remote-Working And How We Can Help
To avoid information overload we recommend sticking with the WHO’s page on Covid-19 as it is updated with the latest news and advice.
In this article we provide you with immediate solutions to your online supporter care during this crisis, including:
- Answers to your concerns about bringing in an outside vendor
- What we offer as immediate, and if necessary, long-term online support solutions
- How we address tech and security concerns
- How to get in touch
Most companies are prepared for a brand crisis – and there have been countless articles about how to be and stay prepared (several of which we’ve penned ourselves). However, many places won’t have a health crisis plan in place.
At this time there may be a level of uncertainty, especially around the company watercooler. Information is coming out at record speed and may cause further confusion; especially if the information is conflicting. This can make processing, and planning, a challenge and can lead to unwanted delays in decision-making. While this may be the case, your plan for ongoing online support doesn’t have to wait; or worse, come to a halt.
We’re keenly aware that most companies offer some form of remote or telecommuting option for management and above however in many cases the social support and customer care teams may not be as well equipped. In this time of uncertainty there’s no need for this side of your business to suffer, and you can still keep your staff healthy and safe.
Below, we answer all your immediate concerns toward bringing in a vendor to help during this uncertain time:
- Available Equipment – Do you have enough laptops for your team to successfully continue offering customer support, and are they set up with the necessary tools? Our team members are seasoned telecommuters who have been working remote for years. We use our own laptops and are prepared to set up client tools and technology quickly. We can also use laptops provided by clients (and securely set up by their Tech dept) – this we currently do on at least one of our projects.
- Supporter care technology – StrawberrySocial’s team uses all the latest and most effective social media technology, CRM tools and customer care solutions so there is no need for excess training upfront. We’re also comfortable quickly ramping up with your internal, home-grown support and social media solutions.
- Communication – Is your team prepared to switch the majority of their team communication to an online experience? Since we work remote, we know how best to keep the lines of communication open and we use different communication tools to ensure we’re available to you, and to each other, on a moment’s notice.
- What about Security – this is MOST vital and we know it’s the issue that worries you the most. StrawberrySocial uses a password keeper programme which ensures the safety, security and privacy of all our clients’ information. What about the risk of working in a public locale? Our internet connections are recorded and protected to ensure we’re working from a secure line in a private location.
- Specialised and high-risk industries – Our team (lead by Rebecca Fitzgerald) has over 20 years experience managing brand risk and escalation protocols for specialised, high-risk industries including children’s brands, fast moving consumer goods such as food and alcohol, pharmaceutical, child safety, and non-profit/charity health and mental wellness supporter groups.
- Hours and availability – Perhaps your brand is one that is expecting an uptick in supporter care questions at this time. Our expert team members are located around the globe – and ready to offer whatever additional support you need at whatever times you require – 24/7/365
Whether you’re looking for some quick consultancy to help you prepare your in-house team, or you find yourselves needing experts to handle the day-to-day management of your social support, we’re here for you.
And, don’t just take our word for it, hear from Preena Kamle, Social Media Customer Service Manager at Just Eat:
“StrawberrySocial are a fantastic agency. They deliver above and beyond expectations and make the transition of using an agency very easy. Their onboarding time is quick and, as they’re Social Media and Crisis Management specialists, they only need to focus on learning our business processes. They have a very personal touch and overall really care about supporting their clients. I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for Social Media Moderation support. “